To enhance dryer fire hazards, keep a working fire extinguisher designed for use in laundry rooms near the washer and dryer. Test and replace the batteries on all smoke detectors frequently. Do not store flammable or combustible materials near the dryer and refrain from drying clothing covered in such materials. Develop a fire safety/emergency plan. Be sure to include exits and meeting places in the plan. Discuss and practice the plan with all household members.
Learn the warning signs of lint buildup and clogged vents:
· Clothes take more than one cycle to dry, especially jeans and towels
· Little or no lint visible on lint screen
· Dryer repeatedly stops during a cycle
· Clothes have a moldy smell after a dry cycle
· Clothes are very hot after a dry cycle
· Excessive heat and humidity in the laundry room while the dryer is running
· Top of the dryer hot to touch when running
Vent Hood Cleaners |FatFreeInc customers include residents in single-family homes, town homes, condominiums, apartments, duplexes and commercial facilities with clothes dryers including public laundries, pet shelters, beauty salons and more.